HOW TO USE HOT/COLD THERAPY
HOW TO USE ICE FOR INJURY:
FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS - Place your gel pack in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours before use.
- Use ice within 24 - 48 hrs of an injury.
- Use for acute injury: to reduce inflammation, muscle spasm, pain and if the area is swollen or bruised.
- Do not use for more than 20mins at any one time, remove pack and re-apply at 10min intervals as required.
- Do not use ice pack directly on skin,
- FOR THE DELUXE THERAPEUTIC BELT with plastic stays, place pack in the velour pouch provided and attach anywhere on the inside of the belt - via Velcro® on velour pouch.
FOR THE QUILTED LUMBAR BELT no stays (colour range), place the gel pack into the pocket at the back of the belt.
HOW TO USE HEAT FOR INJURY:
HEATING INSTRUCTIONS - Place pack in microwave (600W) for 20seconds.
Heat increases blood flow and relaxes muscles. It is good for easing tight stiff muscles and chronic muscle pain. Heat can also be used before exercise to increase joint flexibility and increase blood flow.
- WAIT AT LEAST 24hours AFTER AN INJURY BEFORE APPLYING HEAT.
- Bruised, cut or injected areas.
- An area subjected to ‘invasive’ procedure (heat can increase risk of bleeding).
- Do not use if the affected area has inflammation or swelling.
- Do not use for more than 20mins at any one time, followed by a 20min break.
- Repeat the process 3-4 times daily until stiffness and soreness decreases.