Child full-care system for all types of clavicle fracture. Removes pain and offers play-safe peace of mind for parents.
ClaviBrace® was nominated by top surgeon Professor Angus Wallace and won a Da Vinci award for Medical Breakthrough in 2010.
Class1 Medical Device Registered with the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
NEXT DAY DELIVERY ON UK WEEKDAY ORDERS MADE BEFORE 11am
Guarantees pain relief and respite for parents who can expect to be sleep deprived for 2-3 weeks following injury. Prolonged use of analgesics can be carcinogenic in children under the age of 12 years.
Parents can fit ClaviBrace®although we would recommend fitting is carried out by a trained medical professional.
Full fitting and aftercare is available at,
- Harley Street Spine Plus Clinic 136 Harley Street, London W1G 7LD Tel: 0203 369 8747 / email@example.com
- The Market Cross GP Surgery, Corby Glen, Lincolnshire, NG33 4BB
- The Clementine Churchill Hospital, Harrow, London, HA1 3RX
- Broad Oaks Health Clinic, Solihull, Birmingham, B91 1BB
ClaviBrace® is not yet available through the NHS although with persistence you may be supplied.
HOW IT WORKS
By holding the broken bone in position and reducing disturbance, the device can transform recovery and protect your child against further knocks.
- Specially shaped high resistance foam cushions act on the point of the shoulder (Acromial) to provide safe shoulder retraction and prevent pressure on the fracture and nerves.
- With shoulders safely supported the broken bone is lifted away from nerves; pain relief is almost instantaneous. A dull muscle ache may remain as bruising subsides.
Advisory: Clinical data has proven that a traditional 'figure of eight splint' places pressure on the broken bone, and depending on the type of fracture, can result in the bone touching down onto nerves causing excruciating pain.
- Plastic stays, sewn into the back of the brace, support spine and shoulders and prevent the brace from slipping upwards when shoulder straps are tensioned
- A chest strap avoids shoulder straps cutting-up at the underarms (important when the arm needs to be drawn forward into a sling)
- Our case studies indicate that holding the fracture in 'best position' promotes better outcomes and faster healing than random conservative sling only care
- Case studies again indicate that least disturbance induces a better environment for bones to unite and earlier calcification brings faster recovery
- A fracture can often be reduced to its original length - vital for good long-term shoulder function (not so important in children as bones are still growing and any shortening is made up over time)
- Safeguards against further knocks
CAUTION: DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN SHOULDER STRAPS. It is sufficient to hold the shoulders in a natural position. As shoulder muscles relax re-tighten straps.
The brace system uses a range of unique lightweight highly breathable, non-sweat, no rash fabrics pioneered developed and only available from Angel Med. Especially gentle on young skin. Does not contain Neoprene or Latex.
View fitting - although fitting video shows an adult being fitted, it is the same for a child.
Design has also improved i.e. we do not use the armband and the waist strap now fastens around the waist. Gone is the elastic strap from back to waist.
Always consult your doctor when you suspect a bone is fractured.
Quality manufactured in the United Kingdom.